Applying for Orders for Performance

< Back to list

If the landlord is failing to perform an obligation under the agreement, you can apply for orders for performance.

For example: orders requiring the landlord to do repairs, or to stop coming onto the premises without your permission, or to lodge the bond.

You will need:
Evidence that the landlord has failed to observe a term of the agreement –for example:

  • A copy of a letter you sent to the landlord advising of the need for repairs;
  • A tradesperson’s report that the particular fixture or amenity requires repair or replacement; and
  • A clear timeline of the sequence of events.

Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of ACT

Further information and advice for ACT tenants can be sourced from