Defending an Eviction - What if I disagree with the Tribunal Orders?

< Back to list

Tribunal orders can be changed (s 56(c)), but this would need to be on the basis that there has been some change in your circumstances since the orders were made.

For example, you could ask the tribunal to reduce an arrears repayment amount because your income has reduced or you have other debts to repay.

The tribunal may also set aside orders if satisfied that those orders were based on evidence that was fraudulent. A decision can be appealed through the internal
ACAT process or the Supreme court. You should seek legal advice before taking such a step.

ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal 6207 1740

dispute resolution and enforcement of tenancy legislation

Next Page>


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of ACT

Further information and advice for ACT tenants can be sourced from