Hardship to You

< Back to list

You can apply for a termination order if you would suffer undue hardship if the agreement continued. You can make the application without giving the landlord a termination notice.

If the CTTT makes a termination order, it may order you to compensate the landlord for their loss of the tenancy. The most compensation you can be required to pay is an amount equal to the break fee for the tenancy.


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of NSW

Further information and advice for NSW tenants can be sourced from www.tenants.org.au

Next Page>