Insurance to property when you are not there

< Back to list

If you cannot be there, try to arrange for someone to be there on your behalf. People entering the premises when you are not there may be a problem for your insurance. Ask your insurance company about this.

If your goods are stolen or damaged, you can apply to the CTTT for compensation. You must be able to show that it was due to the conduct of the landlord/ agent or other authorised person.


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of NSW

Further information and advice for NSW tenants can be sourced from