Leaving during the Fixed Term of Your Agreement

< Back to list

You may need to end your tenancy during the fixed term of your residential tenancy agreement. There are certain reasons specified in the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 that allow you to do so. If you want to leave other than for one of the reasons legally specified you can consider:

  • transferring your tenancy to a someone else (you need the landlord’s written consent) 
  • breaking your tenancy agreement (this can be costly).


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of NSW

Further information and advice for NSW tenants can be sourced from www.tenants.org.au

Next Page>