No Eviction by the Owners Corporation
The owners corporation cannot evict a tenant – only the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal can if it makes a termination order on application by the landlord/agent. The provisions of the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 must be followed when ending a tenancy in a strata scheme.
Further Information and contacts
- NSW Land & Property Management Authority: phone 1300 052 637, www.lands.nsw.gov.au
- NSW Fair Trading website: www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au (under ‘Tenants & home owners’ > ‘Strata schemes’)
- Mediation Services Unit (NSW Fair Trading): phone 9338 7900 or free call 1800 451 431
- Community Justice Centres: free call 1800 990 777 or TTY 1800 671 964
- Community Legal Centres: phone 9212 7333, www.clcnsw.org.au