Owners Corporation Meetings
Tenants have no legal right to participate in meetings of the owners corporation except with written permission from their landlord. You may consider speaking or writing to those who can vote at these meetings to gain support for things like getting repairs done.
You may be able to attend a meeting and speak about a problem you have. Older strata schemes must have a notice board displaying owners corporation minutes. These are not compulsory for schemes started after 1 July 1997.
Further Information and contacts
- NSW Land & Property Management Authority: phone 1300 052 637, www.lands.nsw.gov.au
- NSW Fair Trading website: www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au (under ‘Tenants & home owners’ > ‘Strata schemes’)
- Mediation Services Unit (NSW Fair Trading): phone 9338 7900 or free call 1800 451 431
- Community Justice Centres: free call 1800 990 777 or TTY 1800 671 964
- Community Legal Centres: phone 9212 7333, www.clcnsw.org.au
Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of NSW
Further information and advice for NSW tenants can be sourced from www.tenants.org.au