Prescribed Extraordinary Grounds

< Back to list

You can give a 14-day termination notice on any of the following grounds:

  • you have been offered and accepted a place in social housing
  • you have accepted a place in an aged-care facility or you need care in an aged-care facility
  • the landlord wants to sell the premises and did not tell you this before entering into the tenancy agreement
  • a co-tenant or occupant or former co-tenant or occupant has been excluded from the premises by a final apprehended violence order.

Rent increase - long-term fixed-term agreement

You can give a 21-day termination notice.

You do not have to pay the landlord compensation or other additional amount for ending the agreement early.


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of NSW

Further information and advice for NSW tenants can be sourced from

Next Page>