Transfer of Bond
You can transfer your bond to a new tenancy if:
- the same tenants are all moving to the new tenancy
- the landlord/agent of the old premises agrees to the transfer and is not claiming any of the bond.
Fill in a ‘Transfer of Bond’ form. Have it signed by all the tenants whose names are on the bond advice slip and by the old landlord. Attach this form to the new
‘Bond Lodgement’ form You cannot transfer the bond if any of the tenants used Rentstart to help them pay the bond.
- Forms are available from NSW Fair Trading: phone 133 220, www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
- Housing NSW: phone 1300 468 746
- Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal: phone 1300 135 399, www.cttt.nsw.gov.au
Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of NSW
Further information and advice for NSW tenants can be sourced from www.tenants.org.au