Unlawful Entry

< Back to list

If the lessor, agent or provider enters your place without giving you the required written notice and without your agreement, this is a serious offence and they could be fi ned. You can contact the RTA Investigations Unit and make a complaint about this offence.

You can also take steps to resolve the dispute by issuing a Notice to Remedy Breach, applying to the RTA Dispute Resolution Service, or applying directly to the Tribunal for an urgent tenancy hearing.


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of NSW

Further information and advice for NSW tenants can be sourced from www.tenants.org.au