Your Obligations under the Act
- To fill out the condition report and give the landlord/agent a copy within 7 days.
- To pay rent on time.
- To care for the premises.
- To pay for any damage caused by you or your guests.
- To report the need for any repairs or maintenance.
- Not to make alterations or additions without the landlord’s permission.
- Not to alter, remove or add a lock or security device without the landlord’s consent (except in certain domestic violence situations).
- Not to use or permit the premises to be used for an illegal purpose.
- Not to cause or permit a nuisance.
- Not to interfere with the peace, comfort or privacy of neighbours.
- To give correct written notice when you leave.
- To leave the premises in a similar condition to when you rented them, except for normal wear and tear.
Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of NSW
Further information and advice for NSW tenants can be sourced from www.tenants.org.au