You think a Rent Increase is Excessive

< Back to list

You can:

  • negotiate with the landlord/agent to lower or withdraw the increase
  • apply to the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal (CTTT) for an order that the new rent is excessive. You must apply within 30 days of receiving a rent-increase notice.


Next Page>

Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of NSW

Further information and advice for NSW tenants can be sourced from