Resolving Disputes

< Back to list

The landlord or the tenant may apply to the Commissioner if a breach of the tenancy agreement or a provision of the Act is alleged, or if a tenancy dispute has arisen between the parties or between tenants.

If the landlord and tenant have a dispute about something, they should discuss the problem and try to come to an agreeable solution. If the parties agree on a solution to the problem, then the tenancy agreement will continue and there is no need to go through the formal dispute resolution process described below.

Applications must be in writing, setting out the details of the breach or dispute.

Written applications should be Forwarded to: Delivered to:

The Commissioner of Tenancies The Commissioner of Tenancies
GPO Box 1722 Old Admiralty House
DARWIN NT 0801 The Esplanade
Fax: 8999 6260 DARWIN NT 0800
PO Box 1745 Belvedere House
ALICE SPRINGS NT 0871 Parsons Street
Fax: 8951 5442 ALICE SPRINGS NT 0870

The Commissioner will determine whether the dispute should be resolved through a preliminary conciliation conference, a conciliation conference or by proceeding directly to an inquiry.

//assign adsense code to a variable
$googleadsensecode = '

<script async src="//"></script>

<!-- First add -->

<ins class="adsbygoogle"





(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});


<script type="text/javascript"



//now outputting this to HTML

echo $googleadsensecode;