Bond - Agreed Bond Refunds

< Back to list

If you and the lessor, agent or provider, agree on how the bond should be refunded, you can jointly complete and sign a Refund of Rental Bond form to authorise the RTA to release the bond.

You can lodge an agreed Refund of Rental Bond form at an Australia Post Office in Queensland or post the form into the RTA. Remember to keep a copy for your records.

If everyone who signed the original Bond Lodgement form (or any subsequent change of signature forms) has signed the Refund of Rental Bond form, the RTA can pay out the bond money immediately. On the Refund of Rental Bond form, you can nominate whether you want the RTA to refund the bond by:

  • Direct credit into your bank account.
  • Cheque to your forwarding addres.s
  • Cash paid over the counter at an approved Australia Post Office (you will need photo ID).


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of Queensland Inc

Further information and advice for Queensland tenants can be sourced from