Bond - Dispute - Evidence

< Back to list

If you have a bond dispute if is important to have evidence to show you have met your obligations as a tenant or resident. You can also request copies of evidence from the other party regarding their claims against your bond.

You can ask the lessor, agent or provider to give you copies of any receipts or other evidence they are relying on to justify their claims against you. If you are not given this information you can request copies of this evidence during the RTA conciliation process.

If you believe the lessor or provider does not have a good reason to claim all or part of your bond, you can gather evidence to dispute their claims. This evidence is important if you need to go to the Tribunal for a bond dispute hearing.

Copies of your Entry Condition Report, Exit Condition Report, photos and rent receipts can provide important evidence regarding the condition of the premises and whether your rent was paid and you left the premises clean and undamaged when you moved out. If you paid for professional cleaning or gardening services, make sure that you keep receipts. You can also collect statements from witnesses about the condition of the place.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

The RTA is the government authority that oversees renting laws in Queensland. The RTA provides information and services for tenants, lessors, agents, providers and residents. RTA forms are available from Australia Post Offi ces, online at or Ph: 1300 366 311


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of Queensland Inc

Further information and advice for Queensland tenants can be sourced from