Bond Transfers

< Back to list

You can transfer all or part of your bond from one tenancy to another if everyone agrees – including your existing and your new lessor, agent or provider. You cannot transfer a bond if the lessor, agent or provider is claiming part of the bond or if you still owe money for a Bond Loan.

To transfer the bond, complete a Transfer of Bond form and send it to the RTA. The Transfer of Bond form must be signed by everyone who is registered with the RTA as a party to the bond. You will need to sign a Bond Lodgement form with your new lessor or provider, and indicate on the Bond Lodgement form that the bond is being transfered from a previous agreement.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

The RTA is the government authority that oversees renting laws in Queensland. The RTA provides information and services for tenants, lessors, agents, providers and residents. RTA forms are available from Australia Post Offi ces, online at or Ph: 1300 366 311