Bond - Withdrawing a Form

< Back to list

If you change your mind you can withdraw a Refund of Rental Bond form that you have submitted to the RTA. The RTA can only act if they receive your request before they release the bond.

If the form was jointly signed by you and the lessor, agent or provider, you must send the RTA a written request to withdraw the form. If you withdraw from a joint application, the RTA will process the form as if it had been signed only by the other party.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

The RTA is the government authority that oversees renting laws in Queensland. The RTA provides information and services for tenants, lessors, agents, providers and residents. RTA forms are available from Australia Post Offi ces, online at or Ph: 1300 366 311


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of Queensland Inc

Further information and advice for Queensland tenants can be sourced from