The person you pay your bond to must give you a receipt as soon as they receive your bond payment. The receipt must record:
- The name and signature of the person receiving the bond
- Your name and the name of the lessor or provider
- The address of the rental premises
- The date the bond is paid
- The amount of bond paid
- If there are co-tenants, the amount paid by each tenant.
Keep your bond receipt and your other tenancy records in a safe place. The person receiving your bond must keep a copy of the receipt for at least 1 year after your agreement ends. If they do not do this, they could be fined.
Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of Queensland Inc
Further information and advice for Queensland tenants can be sourced from www.tuq.org.au