Bond Refunds

< Back to list

At the end of your tenancy you can use a Refund of Rental Bond form to apply to the RTA for your bond refund.

How the bond is paid out will depend on whether or not everyone agrees on the bond refund and signs the bond refund form. If you agree on the bond refund all parties can fill in and sign the Refund of Rental Bond form and send it into the RTA.

The RTA can immediately refund the bond as long as the names and signatures on the form match all those currently registered with the RTA. If you cannot agree on the bond refund any person who is a party to the bond can complete a Refund of Rental Bond form and send it directly into the RTA.

The RTA will act on the fi rst claim form they receive and will notify the other party that a claim has been made. The RTA will hold the disputed bond amount while the parties go through the bond dispute process. You can ring the RTA at any time to fi nd out what is happening with your bond. When you move out it is also useful to let the RTA know your new contact details in case they need to contact you about your bond.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

The RTA is the government authority that oversees renting laws in Queensland. The RTA provides information and services for tenants, lessors, agents, providers and residents. RTA forms are available from Australia Post Offi ces, online at or Ph: 1300 366 311


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of Queensland Inc

Further information and advice for Queensland tenants can be sourced from