During your agreement
- Pay the rent according to your agreement.
- Keep the premises clean, having regard to their condition at the start of the tenancy.
- Repair any damage you or your visitors cause.
- If you live in a moveable dwelling park, keep your premises in a manner that does not detract from the standards of the park.
- Not cause a nuisance to neighbours or disturb other tenants or residents.
- Be responsible for the behaviour of your visitors.
- Get written permission if you wish to install fixtures or make changes to the premises.
- Get written permission if you wish to sub-let to another tenant.
Your lessor, agent or provider must:
- Ensure premises are clean and in good repair when you move in.
- Ensure the premises are reasonably secure.
- Ensure premises are fit to live in and kept in good repair.
- If there is a common area, ensure it is kept clean.
- In a moveable dwelling park, ensure common facilities are in good repair.
- Follow the rules for entry and respect your privacy. The Act sets out reasons for entry and notice requirements.
Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of Queensland Inc
Further information and advice for Queensland tenants can be sourced from www.tuq.org.au