Notice to Remedy Breach Form - How to Use

< Back to list

If the lessor, agent or provider is in breach of the agreement, you can give them a Notice to Remedy Breach Form.

On this notice write the details of the breach, what the lessor or provider must do to remedy (fix) the breach and the date the breach must be fixed. In residential tenancies, you must give the lessor or agent at least seven days notice to remedy the breach from the date they receive the notice.

If you rent a room in rooming accommodation, your notice should give the provider five days notice to remedy the breach.

If the lessor or provider does not remedy the breach by the due date on the notice, you can use a Dispute Resolution Request form to apply to the RTA Dispute Resolution Service for conciliation to resolve the dispute.

If the RTA is unable to help you reach an agreement they will send you a Notice of Unresolved Dispute. You can then apply to the Tribunal for a decision about the breach.

Keep copies of any notices you give to the lessor, agent or provider. They could be important evidence if you have a dispute.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

The RTA is the government authority that oversees renting laws in Queensland. The RTA provides information and services for tenants, lessors, agents, providers and residents. RTA forms are available from Australia Post Offi ces, online at or Ph: 1300 366 311


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of Queensland Inc

Further information and advice for Queensland tenants can be sourced from