< Back to list

If you are asked to pay money for a key deposit, holding deposit, bond or rent, you must be given a receipt.

The receipt must include the date, the payment type, the names of the parties, the address of the premises, and any relevant time period.

If you pay rent by cash or cheque, you must be given a receipt. If you pay rent in another way, your lessor or provider must keep a rent record. If you write and request a copy of the rent record you must be given a copy within 7 days.


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of Queensland Inc

Further information and advice for Queensland tenants can be sourced from