Shared tenancies

< Back to list

If you share the rental property with other people, you may be asked to contribute to the bond. Any bond you pay must be lodged with the RTA. If you move into an existing tenancy and pay a share of the bond, make sure you get a receipt when you pay the bond.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

The RTA is the government authority that oversees renting laws in Queensland. The RTA provides information and services for tenants, lessors, agents, providers and residents. RTA forms are available from Australia Post Offices, online at or Ph: 1300 366 311