In deciding an application about a rent increase, the Tribunal must have regard to the following;
- The range of market rents for similar premises in the area,
- The proposed amount of rent increase,
- The state of repair of the premises,
- The term of the tenancy, and the period since the last increase,
- Anything else the Tribunal considers relevant.
For more information about applying to the Tribunal, see the Resolving Tenancy Disputes Tenancy Facts. If you decide to apply to the Tribunal you can also seek help from a tenant advice service.
Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) The RTA is the government authority that oversees renting laws in Queensland. The RTA provides information and services for tenants, lessors, agents, providers and residents. RTA forms are available from Australia Post Offi ces, online at www.rta.qld.gov.au or Ph: 1300 366 311