Rent Increase - Incorrect Notice

< Back to list

If you are not given correct notice of a rent increase, you are not obliged to pay the increased rent. You can write to your lessor, agent or provider to dispute the incorrect notice. Before the rent can be increased, you should be given a new notice that includes the correct notice period. The new notice cannot be backdated.


Information supplied courtesy of the Tenants Union of Queensland Inc

Further information and advice for Queensland tenants can be sourced from