Access and Privacy - Can the Landlord/Agent Enter Without Notice?
The Act provides some circumstances when a landlord or agent may enter the rental premises without giving you notice. These are where it is reasonably believed that:
- The tenant is ill or injured and unable to give permission.
- A denial of immediate access is likely to result in damage to all or part or the premises.
- There is a risk to the tenant or another person present on the premises.
- Damage has occurred to the premises.
- The premises have been abandoned.