Notice to Vacate - Substantial nuisance at the Substantial nuisance at the premises

< Back to list

Can be immediate if through court

A landlord/agent can issue a Notice to Vacate if a tenant causes problems of a substantial nature. Usually a substantial nuisance is one that cannot be remedied.
Having too many parties can be remedied, violence involving neighbours cannot. Also note that landlord/agents or tenants may apply to the court for immediate
termination of an agreement if the other party to the agreement:

  • causes, permits or is likely to cause damage to the premises or neighbouring premises, or
  • causes or is likely to cause physical injury to them or occupants of neighbouring premises