What is Unlawful Interference?
This depends very much on the facts of each case, but some possible examples include:
- Repeated visits by the landlord without justification;
- Interference with doors, windows, locks,
water or power supply;
- Attempts to force the tenant to leave through noise, harassment or threats;
- Entering the premises for an inspection or repairs without giving notice in accordance with the RTA;
- Demanding access beyond that provided by the lease, or otherwise required by law.