Bond Repayment to Former Co-Tenant
On the request of a former co-tenant, the remaining tenant/s must pay back the bond paid by the former co-tenant – less any rent the former co-tenant owes or other reasonable costs – within 14 days of the request.
This does not apply if:
- the former co-tenant’s liabilities exceed the amount of bond they paid, or
- the former co-tenant has been excluded from the premises by a final apprehended violence order.
If a former co-tenant disagrees about how the bond is paid out to them at the end of their tenancy, they can apply to the CTTT to have the matter resolved. They must within 6 months after the bond is paid out.
- Forms are available from NSW Fair Trading: phone 133 220, www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au
- Housing NSW: phone 1300 468 746
- Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal: phone 1300 135 399, www.cttt.nsw.gov.au