How the Landlord can End Your Agreement

In most cases, the landlord must give you a termination notice. The agreement ends once you give vacant possession of the premises to the landlord (you move out and return the keys).

If you do not leave by the day specified in the notice, the landlord can then apply to the Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal (CTTT) for a termination order. A termination order ends the tenancy and specifies the day on which you have to give vacant possession.

Ending agreement without notice In some cases, the landlord can apply for termination order without giving you notice. (See ‘Application to CTTT without notice’ below.)