No Eviction without a Consumer Trader and Tenancy Tribunal or Court Order

If you are in breach of agreement solely for rent arrears and the landlord wants to end your tenancy, they can give you a non-payment termination notice (see below). The rent must remain unpaid for not less than 14 days before this notice can be given.

The landlord/agent does not have to ask you to pay the arrears before giving you a termination notice. The landlord/agent must follow the process outlined below before you can be evicted. Locking you out without a Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal or court order is illegal – the landlord/agent can be fined up to $22,000 and ordered to compensate you.