Paying the Bond

You can pay the bond:

  • as a lump sum, or
  • in instalments starting from when you sign the tenancy agreement – if the landlord agrees.

When you pay the bond, the landlord/agent must give you:

  • a receipt for any payment/s you make – unless details of the payment are recorded in your tenancy agreement
  • a ‘Bond Lodgement’ form with details about how much bond you have paid – you and the landlord/agent should sign this form.

Help to pay the bond
The Rentstart scheme can help people renting in the private market to pay the bond. Apply through your local Housing NSW office.