What to take to the Consumer Trader and Tenancy Tribunal Hearing

The tribunal member hearing your case will need evidence that supports your arguments. If possible, take 3 copies of documents you want to use – one
each for you, the landlord/agent and the tribunal member. These might include:

  • the residential tenancy agreement
  • a brief written statement of your case
  • statutory declarations by other people who have witnessed important events or who can support your case (signed by a Justice of the Peace or a solicitor
  • receipts or quotes (e.g. for rent, bond, cleaning, repairs)
  • copies of all letters between you and the landlord
  • photographs that show the problem.