The tenant must not, without reasonable excuse, alter, remove or add a lock or security device without the consent of the landlord.PENALTY OF UP TO $11,000
If the tenant does change a lock, the tenant must provide keys to the landlord within 2 business days. PENALTY OF UP TO $2,200
The tenant must also:
- notify the landlord if repairs or maintenance are required;
- notify the landlord of any damage or potential damage to the premises; and
- notify the landlord if premises are to be vacant for more than 30 days.
The tenant must not:
- maintain the premises in an unreasonably dirty condition.
- cause or permit damage to the premises;
- use the premises for any illegal purpose;
- cause or permit a nuisance;
- cause interference with the reasonable peace or privacy of another person within the vicinity; and
- alter the premises without written consent of the landlord.