All Rental Bonds

All rental bonds are covered by the Act and all bond money must be lodged with the RTA.

This includes bond money paid for residential accommodation, such as boarding, lodging and student accommodation, which is not otherwise covered by the Act.

When you pay a rental bond you must be given a receipt as evidence of this payment. You and the person you pay bond to should
complete and sign an RTA Bond Lodgement form, which records your signature and details of your bond payment.

The person you pay bond to must lodge this form and your bond money with the RTA. Failure to lodge a bond with the RTA is a serious offence
against the Act.