Boarders and Lodgers

If you are a boarder or lodger (you rent a room in someone’s place), you may be charged a bond. While the Act does not apply to your tenancy agreement, your bond is covered by the Act and must be treated in the same way as all other bonds. You must be given a receipt and the person you pay bond to must lodge your bond with the RTA within 10 days of receiving it, along with a Bond Lodgement form signed by you.

Never sign a blank Refund of Rental Bond form. This is like signing a blank cheque.