Changes to Shared Bonds

To inform the RTA about the changes to the bond, complete a Change of Shared Bond Arrangement form and send it to the RTA. This form must be signed by the previous tenant, the new tenant, any other tenants, and the lessor or agent.

This form is the only way that the RTA can know about changes to the bond and who can claim the bond at the end of the tenancy. A Change of Shared Bond Arrangement only applies if at least one original tenant remains in the premises.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

The RTA is the government authority that oversees renting laws in Queensland. The RTA provides information and services for tenants,  lessors, agents, providers and residents. RTA forms are available from Australia Post Offices, online at or Ph: 1300 366 311