Queensland Tenancy Help

If you are renting a home in Queensland or thinking of doing so soon, the information in this guide will help you avoid common renting pitfalls and to have a harmonious (and lawful) relationship with the property owner or agent. The information on the website outlines the tenants rights and responsibilities in relation to the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008.

Who’s who? A lessor is the person who gives a tenant the ‘right to occupy’ a residential premises under the Act. Lessors often employ real estate agents to work on their behalf. A provider is a person who provides rooming accommodation to residents.

When you rent a place to live in Queensland, your tenancy agreement is covered by the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (‘the Act’).

If your lessor, agent or provider wants you to move out, they must follow the steps described in the Act

This guide doesn’t take the place of the Act, nor does it pretend to cover everything; but it will give you a good working knowledge of your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. It is not legal advise.

FAQ Guide for Queensland

Don’t forget to like us on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn.
And most of all PropertyMyWay for providing these helpful guides.