If Your Bond Is Not Lodged With The RTA

When you pay a bond, the person you pay this money to must lodge your bond with the RTA.

The RTA will send you an offi cial receipt when they receive your bond money. If you don’t receive a receipt, call the RTA to see if your bond has been lodged.

Failure to lodge a bond with the RTA is an offence. If your bond has not been lodged, you can make an offi cial complaint to the RTA. You can also notify the person you paid bond money to that they must immediately lodge your bond with the RTA, or face a fine. If you need help to recover your bond contact a tenant advice service.