Leaving Because a Breach Is Not Remedied

If you have given the lessor, agent or provider a Notice to Remedy Breach but they do not fix the breach by the due date, you may want to end the agreement due to their “unremedied breach” of the agreement. You will have to give written notice to end the agreement.


Time periods apply. If you have a fixed term residential tenancy agreement and want to leave because of an unremedied a breach by the lessor or agent, it is advisable to apply to the Tribunal and seek an order to end your agreement. This is an urgent application. If you apply to the Tribunal about a breach, you can also seek a decision about a rent decrease or compensation for relocation costs if you have to move out because of the unremedied breach.