Not Sure Whether The Act Applies To You?

If you are unsure about whether you are covered by the Act, you may wish to contact a tenant advice service for information and assistance. You can apply to the Tribunal for an urgent hearing to clarify your tenancy status.

Tenant Advice and Advocacy Services (TAAS) Tenants and residents can contact their local TAAS service for tenancy advice, advocacy and support. Look under ‘T’ in the phone book for your local TAAS.

Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)

The RTA is the government authority that oversees renting laws in Queensland. The RTA provides information and services for tenants, lessors, agents, providers and residents. RTA forms are available from Australia Post Offi ces, online at or Ph: 1300 366 311