Quick facts - Repairs to the Premises

During your agreement the lessor or provider is responsible for repairs and general maintenance of the premises and must ensure the place is reasonably secure.

To request repairs, talk to the lessor, agent or provider or make a written request.

You can use a Notice to Remedy Breach form to request repairs. Keep a copy as evidence of your request. If repairs are not done in a reasonable time you can apply to the RTA Dispute Resolution Service.

If you cannot reach an agreement to resolve the dispute you can apply to the Tribunal for a hearing. In some cases you can apply directly to the Tribunal for an urgent hearing about repairs. In certain circumstances you can carry out emergency repairs yourself.

Emergency repairs are defined in the Act which sets out a process you must follow.