Rental Bonds

When you rent a place to live, you will usually be asked to pay a rental bond.

In Queensland, this bond money is held by the Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) until you move out.

The rules about the payment and refund of your rental bond are set out in the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008.

When you move out if you do not leave the premises clean, are behind in the rent, or have damaged the premises, your lessor or provider may be entitled to claim money from the bond.