Service Charges - Rooming Accommodation

In rooming accommodation, your agreement should fully describe the services to be provided under the agreement, and state the components of the rent for each service.

This may include food services, personal care services, or other services. You can only be required to pay for a utility service, such as electricity, gas or water, if your room is separately metered for the service. If you are required to pay, the amount should not be more than the amount charged by the supplier.

Keep copies of rent receipts, or a record of your rent payments. They provide evidence if you have a dispute.