The Exit Condition Report

At the end of the agreement you can get an Exit Condition Report form from the post office or the RTA website and use this form to record the condition of the premises when you move out.

Exit Condition Reports are not required in rooming accommodation. You must provide a copy of your completed Exit Condition Report to the lessor or agent as soon as practicable after you move out.

The lessor or agent then has 3 days to inspect the premises, complete the form and return a copy to you at your forwarding address on the form. Always keep a copy of your Exit Condition Report for your own records. Along with photos and receipts, your Entry and Exit Condition Reports can provide important evidence if you have a dispute at the end of your tenancy over the refund of your bond money.