In deciding an application about a rent increase, the Tribunal must have regard to the following;
- The range of market rents for similar premises in the area,
- The proposed amount of rent increase,
- The state of repair of the premises,
- The term of the tenancy, and the period since the last increase,
- Anything else the Tribunal considers relevant.
For more information about applying to the Tribunal, see the Resolving Tenancy Disputes Tenancy Facts. If you decide to apply to the Tribunal you can also seek help from a tenant advice service.