Who Is Not Covered By The Act
The Act does not apply to:
- People who rent holiday premises for holiday purposes.
- Approved supported accommodation for the fi rst 13 weeks.
- Hospitals, nursing homes and some refuge accommodation.
- People covered by the Retirement Villages Act 1999.
- Owner-occupiers of mobile homes covered by the Manufactured Homes (Residential Parks) Act 2003.
- Headlease agreements for approved supported accommodation, affordable housing agreements or government employee housing.
- Accommodation subject to rehabilitation orders by the Drug Court.
- Rental purchase plans or tenancies for less than 28 days arising from a sale contract.
- Accommodation provided by Aboriginal Hostels Limited.
- Rooming accommodation provided under the Aged Care Act, the Mental Health Act, or in a private hospital under the Private Health Facilities Act.
- Accommodation for school students arranged/provided by the school or the education department.
- Students in on-campus accommodation provided by a University or non-profi t organisation (though any bond must be lodged with the RTA and is covered by the Act).
- Lodgers who rent rooms in private accommodation (though any bond is covered by the Act).
- Boarders who rent a room from a provider who has less than four rooms available for rent (though any bond is covered by the Act).