You Want To Leave - Checklist
Checklist for ending your tenancy agreement
- Give the right amount of notice in writing, using the correct form. Keep a copy.
- Pay your rent up to and including the last day of your agreement (the handover day).
- Leave on or before the date on your notice.
- Leave the premises clean and in the same condition as when you moved in (except for fair wear and tear).
- Repair any damage that you have caused (you are not responsible for routine repairs and maintenance). Keep receipts (if any.).
- Keep receipts for any professional cleaning you have done (such as carpet cleaning).
- Gather evidence about the condition of the premises when you move out (such as photos showing the place clean).
- Complete an Exit Condition Report and give a copy to your lessor or agent (not required in rooming accommodation).
- Return the keys promptly when you move out.
- If possible carry out a joint fi nal inspection with the lessor, agent or provider.
- Use a Refund of Rental Bond form to apply to the RTA for your bond refund (if you have paid a bond).