You Want To Leave - Mutual Agreement

You and the lessor, agent or provider can agree to end the tenancy at any time by mutual agreement.

This mutual termination agreement should be put in writing and be signed by both parties. This agreement should clearly state the day the tenancy will end and include any agreement about financial liabilities, such as what will happen with the bond and whether or not you, or the lessor or provider, will pay compensation for ending the tenancy.

You can apply to the RTA Dispute Resolution Service for assistance to negotiate a termination agreement with the lessor, agent or provider. If you cannot reach an agreement you can apply to the Tribunal for a decision.