You Want To Leave - Withdrawing Your Notice

If you have a residential tenancy agreement and issue a Notice of Intention to Leave, but later decide you want to continue in the tenancy, you can contact the lessor or agent and ask to withdraw your notice.

You must get written agreement from the lessor or agent to withdraw your notice. You can only withdraw your notice before the handover day stated in the notice. It is up to your lessor or agent to decide whether you can continue with the agreement.

If you do not withdraw the notice, and do not move out on handover day, your lessor or agent can apply to the Tribunal to terminate the tenancy due to your failure to leave as intended. If this happens and you want to stay, you should attend the hearing and explain your situation. You can ask the Tribunal for an order that you be allowed to continue with the tenancy.